23 Jump Street is the upcoming sequel of 22 Jump Street. It was planned to be released in 2019. Phil Lord and Christopher Miller would be act as producers, and the story will be write by Rodney Rothman.
The sequel was announced in September 2014. Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum will reprise their roles of Morton Schmidt and Greg Jenko. Also, Ice Cube was set likely to reprise his role of Captain Dickson.
Originally, the film's release date was planned to be in 2016, but the release date was changed to 2019, as a result of the releases of MiB 23 and the untitled female 21 Jump Street spin-off. However, after the announcement of that MiB 23 will replace a 23 Jump Street, it was considered that the third installment of 21 Jump Street was cancelled.
- Channing Tatum - Greg Jenko
- Jonah Hill - Morton Schmidt
- Ice Cube - Captain Dickson (expected)
- Ambers Stevens - Maya Dickson (likely)
- Bill Hader - Culinary School Villain (rumored)
- Peter Stormare - Ghost (rumored)
- Richard Grieco - Detective Booker (rumored)
- Rob Riggle - Mr. Walters (rumored)
- Dave Franco - Eric (rumored)
- 23 Jump Street was spoofed in the credits of 22 Jump Street, along other fictional sequels. However, is unknown if a school of medicine or a hospital would be the main place of this sequel.
- According with Internet Movie Database, all the mock sequels that appeared at the end of 22 Jump Street, are canon and will be explained in this movie.
- It's unknown if Amber Stevens will reprise her role of Maya Dickson in this sequel.
- It's also rumored that the cameo characters that appeared in the mock-sequels sequence at the credits of 22 Jump Street, like the Culinary School Villain, the Ghost (who also was the main antagonist of 22 Jump Street), and Detective Booker (the lead role in the Booker spin-off show of 21 Jump Street TV show), will return in this sequel.
- On October 7, 2016, a petition was started in Change.org for greenligth the production of 23 Jump Street. The petition is directed to many members of the films' staff.